Continuing Education for Constables (CEC)
- Practice arrest and control tactics
- Leadership motivation and development for your Agency
- Examine new Texas Supreme Court rulings
- Manage the press and social media
- Revise civil process practices
- Embark on strategic planning
Who Should Attend:
- Elected Constables
- Appointed Constables
- Sheriffs or deputies fulfilling some of the duties of the Constable's Office ($250 fee)
- Upper management deputies; deputy constables; deputy sheriffs with the approval of their Constable/Sheriff and the Program Coordinator ($250 fee)
Participants receive 40 hours of TCOLE (3743) credit.
[ Program Page ]
Mar 27 - 31, 2017
Offered at no charge for Elected/Appointed Constables
$250 per person for all other personnel
Continuing Education for Constables is designed to provide ongoing updates for elected or appointed Constables on issues of importance to the discipline as well as professional development opportunities in the law enforcement field. Mandated by the Texas Legislature every four years, the program covers legislative developments and changes to rules and forms from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement as well as leadership and planning tools on current topics and issues.
For more information, contact:
Rebecca Bowden, Program Coordinator
Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2417
Fax: (936) 294-3926
Phone: (936) 294-4756
If the participant has already paid, he/she will be refunded half the cost of the registration fee if notice of cancellation is received by the Program Coordinator no later than seven (7) business days prior to the program. No refunds are available after this date, but substitutions of attendees are permitted.
If no notice of cancellation is received by the Program Coordinator prior to the date of the program, and the participant does not attend the program, the participant or their agency will be required to pay a $100 'NO-SHOW' fee.