De-Escalation Training Center
- Preventing contacts from escalating
- Increasing skills in responding calmly and effectively if challenged during stops
- Key strategies to obtaining voluntary compliance and avoiding force
- Gaining confidence in explaining your lawful authority
- Duty to intervene – what officers must know
- Preventing lawsuits against officers and agencies
- Everything in this course is highly applicable to your job as a law enforcement officer
This course is an 8 hour training.
[ Program Page ]
Aug 16, 2023
All courses available from the De-Escalation Training Center are currently offered at NO COST to law enforcement officers, through partnerships with the DOJ COPS Office.
This course, De-Escalation for Today's Officer: Advancing Community Policing and Procedural Justice
, is taught by instructor Don McCrea of Premier Police Training - https://premierpolicetraining.com
For more information, contact:
Garreth Tiefenbach, Director of the De-Escalation Training Center
Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas
George J. Beto Criminal Justice Building
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2417
Phone: (936) 294-3485
Registered participants who are unable to attend may submit a request for a substitution attendee no later than 7 days prior to event date.
All attendance information will be reported to sponsoring agency. Lack of attendance by registered participants in COPS sponsored trainings may disqualify agencies from future COPS trainings.